Friday 13 July 2012

First car shots

After a particularly bad day I decided to meet a friend and take some photos of his car.

Car photography isn't something I've done before and most of the general advice I've read regarding car photography was either out of my hands or simply not possible, however I needed something to cheer me up and I'm happiest when I've a camera in my hands, so how could I refuse?!

We drove to Bradgate Park here in Leicestershire, one of my favourite spots in all honesty for all types of nature photography. The weather was unusually good and there was an amazing sunset, so everything on the light front was working in my favour!

A static shot of the car:


f10, 1/15, 800 ISO

and an action shot with my new 120 300 2.8:

f2.8 1/320, 800 ISO

I'm rather happy with these (especially the action shot), and hopefully will get the chance to try some more in the future.

The Mitsubishi FTO 2 litre V6 is actually for sale, so the next car shots I do may be of a completely different vehicle.

Special thanks to Paaras Doshi for giving permission to shoot his car.

No comments:

Post a Comment