Wednesday 25 July 2012

Dream team

So I've spoken about my dream team kit a couple of times but the real question is what does that kit actually comprise? I think it's fair to say it's obvious that I'm looking at high end kit but Nikon seems to have made 4 lenses that just 'fit'.

So first off we'll talk lenses. The obvious lens is the 24-70mm f2.8 which covers the most common focal lengths on full frame and acts as a mid telephoto on crop models. The next lens is the 70-200mm f2.8 which picks up from the top end of the mid range lens, these two alone should be more than enough for most jobs. The next lens is the 14-24mm f2.8 which picks up from the lower end of the mid range lens (see I told you these lenses fit together), this is ideal not for landscapes but for photos where a dramatic, imposing photo is required... it also happens to be excellent for real estate (which is where this lens will be earning money). Next up is the 200-400mm f4 which will be the lens I buy if I make money in sports or birding, otherwise it's likely to remain just a dream!

So there are the 4 main lenses right there, there is also a 50mm f1.8 (or f1.4 if I get around to buying one) purely for when the lighting gets tough (ahem, weddings). The 105mm macro lens for product shots wraps up the lens section!

So what about bodies? 2 full frame bodies and 1 high speed crop body, right now that converts into a D800, a D3 and a D300, but will obviously change as new bodies come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment