Wednesday 5 December 2012

New Camera!

Yes yes I know it's verging on down right stupid now, but here is camera number 5!


I went on a nice long cycle with my D3 and a few lenses, plus the tripod... needless to say going up hill with that on my back wasn't pleasant, so I figured it was time to invest in a lightweight camera. Enter the X100, this plus my little Slik tripod weigh in at less than my D3 body and the photos are quite simply stunning, coupled with the fact that it'll be the perfect 'street' camera as it's less intrusive than the D3 and a huge lens but produces similar quality photos this is a camera I've been needing for a while, I just didn't realise it!

It looks like a proper camera (I.E. the type I remember as a kid) and feels very nicely built indeed; the view finder doesn't act like a typical range finder but the electronic finder makes up for this. I especially like the film simulation, which does include Velvia, and the fact that it handles like cameras of old with an aperture dial on the lens and a shutter dial on the top (they've moved the ASA/ISO settings though).

And Ever Ready cases, who remembers those? Well, Fuji have brought them back for their X series and I'm simply waiting on mine to arrive now to complete the look.

In the coming weeks I hope to be able to use this and get some interesting shots out of it, it's no replacement of the D3, but with it I'll be able to grab photos that I couldn't have done with the D3 due to size and weight or just because people become nervous when they see that beast of a camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment