Wednesday 11 September 2013

Passing the Perfect Location

On my daily cycle to the train station I pass a lot of rather mundane locations, all of which are rather uninspiring, however earlier in the week I decided to walk for various reasons. This is a walk I've taken many times, and usually end up going along the same route on my long runs too. Again it's a rather mundane route for the best part; there's a couple of pubs, a university building, lots of roads and a dingy looking canal.

Turns out I've been walking past the perfect location for a while without even realising it.

f11, 1/50, ISO 1600


So one day I finally saw what an amazing location I had right on my doorstep!

As we all know that's only half the challenge, the other half is waiting for the amazing light, or more to the point, being able to predict it. Well I guessed it'd be good on the Saturday just gone and took a trip. I'm more than happy with the results.

So the big question is, how many other amazing locations have I passed by almost daily? How many amazing locations have you passed by on your day to day journeys?

No comments:

Post a Comment