Sunday 28 April 2013

Speedway Fun


One of my closest friends is massively into his motorcycles (at some point I'll have to convince him to let me do a shoot of his bike); he recently took a speedway day and invited me along to take some photos.

Little did I know, he'd already cleared it for me to stand in the centre field.
What ensued was an absolutely amazing day of photography with nearly 900 photos taken, a very dusty dirty camera and more marks over my sensor than ever before!



The D3 really shined here though, the blazing fast continuous shooting allowed me to catch shots that would have been nigh impossible on a slower camera, and the focusing was quick as can be, but the most important factor was the dual memory card slots, I very quickly filled my first card and having the rest of the shots 'overflow' onto the second card meant I could wait until that block of races (another 15-20 minutes) before I had to swap cards out!

No comments:

Post a Comment