Monday 22 October 2012

Sunrise on the Park

Bit late adding this one!

I didn't go out on Thursday night (a rarity for me) and managed to wake at a reasonable time on the Friday morning. I'm lucky enough to live less than 5 minutes from a park, so I figured I'd take a walk with my camera and see what I could get.

The first thing that I noticed was how thick the fog was, unfortunately though the light was flat and the photos were a bit bland. After wandering for a good 30 minutes waiting for some good light I'd finally resigned myself to the fact that it wasn't going to happen and that I might as well take photos of something else. So I switched to my 70-200, packed up my tripod and went to see what I could get.



f2.8 1/60


At that moment the light finally broke through the clouds and what a brilliant light it was! I pretty much dropped everything to set up, swapped to the 28mm, focused (it's a manual lens), and got this photo! There were casualties though... my poor D3 took yet another beating (it's been wounded by its previous owner), the super strong screen couldn't stand up to my all metal tripod head!

f11 1/30

Lesson learned, I won't be packing away so prematurely in the future, and I'll definitely take my time setting up to avoid further damage to my already beaten camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment